Economic Development Marketing Overview
After more than 50 years of marketing cities, states, provinces, regions and countries as prime locations for business, DCI knows what works – and just as important, what doesn’t work – in economic development marketing.
We have firsthand experience working with the industries many communities are trying to attract – from life sciences to advanced manufacturing and from alternative energy to financial services. We know the trends in economic development, we speak your language and we understand your competition. DCI also has exceptionally strong ties to site selection consultants that influence location decisions.
Every three years, DCI surveys corporate executives with site selection responsibilities to collect insight on the best ways to engage with them. The findings of this “Winning Strategies” survey inform how we tailor-make economic development marketing strategies for our clients. Consider the top five most effective marketing techniques, according to the C-suite:
- Corporate Executive Visits: In the past year, DCI’s Lead Generation Division, arranged over 450 one-on-one meetings/ conference calls with senior corporate executives exploring investment opportunities.
- Websites: Content is king when it comes to economic development websites. DCI knows what CEOs and site selectors want to find quickly on your website and the best ways to present your assets and data.
- Special Events: DCI knows how to help our clients put on a good show – from private luncheons with local chefs aimed at site selectors to signature events like a private box at a Springsteen concert for our New Jersey client.
- Trade Shows: From BIO International to the Paris Air Show to SXSW, DCI helps our clients capitalize on their participation in trade shows by developing fully integrated marketing campaigns that include arranging productive meetings with media and companies in attendance and implementing social media campaigns.
- Media Relations/Publicity: Located in the world’s media capital, DCI secures features stories for our clients in print, broadcast and online outlets ranging from The Wall Street Journal, The Economist, CNBC, Fortune, Forbes and Inc. to targeted trade magazines.
In short, DCI “gets” economic development. We live and breathe it every day in marketing programs on behalf of places around the world, and we want to put our passion for economic development to work for you.